- Timber pallets and packaging are reusable, repairable, recyclable and made from a renewable resource.
- Timber pallets comprise 93% of the entire world’s pallet market because they are rigid, durable, functional, safe and cost effective.
- Timber pallets and packaging use derivative timber that is strong and durable but has low cosmetic value and would most likely be discarded if it were not used in a timber packaging environment.
- The waste produced in the manufacture of pallets and the damaged material from pallets no longer able to be repaired is often converted into useful and recyclable products.
- Less than 3% of the nearly one billion pallets manufactured and repaired ever end up in a landfill situation.
Why Choose Timber?
It is increasingly clear as an organisation that the issues of sustainability and minimising our carbon footprint are not just a matter for this business but for all businesses generally.
As a business that manufactures from raw materials it is increasingly important to Rodpak that we adopt an active role in achieving optimal energy use and carbon emission minimisation. Our intent is to always demonstrate leadership toward forest product sustainability.
For our organisation this means that we will adopt a learning mindset in what will make a difference. Rodpak has recently appointed independent industry specialists who have conducted a review and audit of our current energy use, waste and other indirect emissions. The report has concluded that overall the Rodpak business has a “relatively minor environmental impact”.
Achieving a deeper understanding of our impact on greenhouse gas emissions, building our knowledge and raising the awareness of our people will enhance our sustainability and in turn improve our customers carbon footprint.
Our intent is to always demonstrate leadership toward
forest product sustainability.